Our Consulting and Project Services
NHS Commercial Solutions can provide support ranging from a single trust sourcing plan and mini-competition through to a large complex, multi stakeholder outsourcing contract. All projects are first scoped out with the prospective client so that the proposed work exactly meets expectations.
As a not-for-profit NHS organisation all surplus income goes back into the NHS.
We are always flexible in meeting client’s needs. Our support can range from advising on patient messaging systems to delivering a mini-competition for a single trust right through to managing a large collaborative procurement programme for an ICS/STP. Some of the most frequently requested service offerings we can deliver are listed below:
- OJEU compliance best practice sourcing and contracting
- Managed Services Solutions for diagnostics and pathology equipment
- ICS/STP/Cohort collaboration project management and governance
- Merger support for the procurement function
- Procurement Shared Services design and business cases
- Stakeholder engagement and management toolset
- Supply market research and analysis
- Category management best practice
- Spend analytics and benchmarking
- Change management
Examples of recent projects include:
- Managed equipment services
- Pharmacy outsourcing
- Pathology managed services
- Electronic patient records
- Temporary staffing strategy
- Patient transport
- Hospital HIS and RIS systems
- Waste management
- Marketing services
NHS Commercial Solutions has a team of highly experienced and qualified procurement professionals who have extensive experience of working with clients in both the NHS, other publiuce sector organisations and the private sector.
Categories we support
We have a proven track record of delivering complex procurement projects within a comprehensive range of categories including:
- Workforce and staffing
- Healthcare services
- Clinical products and services
- Corporate and professional services
- Estates and facilities
- Clinical (facilitation of ICS/STP collaboration programmes)
To get in touch with our consulting team please email NHSCS.firstname.lastname@example.org and a meeting can be arranged to discuss your requirements prior to scoping out the work and providing a draft proposal.
"Working with NHS Commercial Solutions throughout our tender has been invaluable in order to make the process smooth and efficient. The expertise provided by the NHS Commercial Solutions team resulted in us getting a robust set of documentation to market and achieving our aim in desired timeframes. We certainly would not have had the outcome we did without their input throughout"
Frimley Histology Pathology Procurement
"We’ve developed a great relationship of mutual respect. We value your expertise and have adopted evaluation techniques on the back of your advice. We trust your programme management skills and ability to come in on budget. Frankly, we think of you as one of us and would highly recommend your services to others"
Rachel Graham, Deputy Director of Contacts; Primary Care and Non-Acute, Surrey Heartlands CCGs