We are working hard to ensure that our members and customers get the advice and support they need throughout incident response, restoration and recovery.
Our Covid Response
Our members have access to our COVID 19 portal which helps them keep up to date on the latest COVID 19 information, legal briefings and suppliers’ resilience plans. Any members needing access to the COVID portal should contact the data team.
Our supplier resilience initiatives, both regionally and with others nationally, help identify and mitigate risks in category supply chains.
In response to the strain placed on NHS staff by the COVID-19 pandemic, the workforce team are working as part of the Workforce Alliance with NHS England and Improvement and the Department for Health and Social Care to set clear parameters concerning agency staff at this challenging time.
Our Pharmacy team are working as part of the Regional Pharmacy Procurement Specialists network and the Medicines Supply team at DHSC to keep our members up to date on the latest medicines supply situation. Further guidance for Hospital Chief Pharmacists is available at https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/secondary-care/
Briefings from our legal framework providers cover a wide range of subjects, matters range from Human Resources, Digital, Legal and Governance, Finance and Insurance, Estates and Facilities, Procurement and Contract Law, Clinical and general advice.
Get in Touch
Please let us know if you are experiencing any supply or commercial issues from suppliers under any NHS Commercial Solutions, NHS Procurement in Partnership, or Workforce Alliance frameworks so that we can provide support. Link to info team email
Below are links to relevant national guidance and briefings from our legal providers
Procurement Policy Notes:
- PPN 01/20 Responding to COVID-19
- PPN 02/20 Supplier Relief due to Coronavirus
- PPN 03/20 Use of Procurement Cards
- PPN 04/20 Recovery and Transition from COVID-19
- Coronavirus Content Hub (CIPS)
- Working safely during coronavirus (Gov.uk)
- Government Guidance and Policy (Gov.uk)
- Monitoring of Medicine Supplies (Gov.uk)
- Further guidance including guidance on construction contracts.
NHS Supply Chain:
- Podcast: Procuring During a Pandemic (Hempsons)
- Briefing: Top Tips for Public Procurement and PPN01/20 (Bevan Brittan)
- Briefing: Cabinet Office PPN and Urgent Direct Awards (Mills & Reeve)
- Briefing: Top Tips When Considering Procurement Options for Covid 19 Issues (Capsticks)
- Briefing: Procurement in a Time of Coronavirus (Blake Morgan)
- Briefing: Procurement Policy – Responding to Covid 19 PPN01/20 (Trowers)
- Briefing: Covid 19 – The Impact on Procurement Over the Next Coming Months (DAC Beachcroft)
- Briefing: Procurement and Coronavirus (Browne Jacobson)